Friday, June 30, 2017

Scrappy progress!

 Well, I thought I had all these blocks done, except for one.  I could not find them all!  Now honestly...where could they have gone...seriously!!??  So, I cut out four new blocks...see the bright green paper plates?  This is a good idea, as I can stack them up by the sewing machine and keep all the pieces straight, and then reuse them over and over with other blocks pieces and parts.


And then??  I found the blocks!  So...this quilt will have 24 blocks, instead of 20.  A little longer, just right for a hospital bed.
This quilt is one that I just started cutting out, from little tiny pieces of wool and felt.  My wool and felt are in one little box, so it gets used together.  No pattern...just started cutting out flowers and this is what I came up with.  No plan to make this quilt either...it just happened.  I love having the time for that!   Great fun!!  No rules!   and I love that...




Have a great day, everyone!


Julie

15 comments:

Binsa said...

Love your progress Julie

Chookyblue...... said...

always amazes me what you achieve and this is yet another great scrap quilt.......

Nancy said...

Using paper plates is genius! The finished blocks look great together.

Janet O. said...

Such a contrast between projects. The batik blocks are so crisp and precise--and will now be an even bigger quilt (woohoo for finding blocks). Very striking and graphic in design.
The wool piece is more unstructured and cozy looking--and small. Rather homey feeling, like the bouquets kids bring in from the yard clutched in their tight little fist.
Love each one.

Anonymous said...

wow amazing work Julie,well done xx

Unknown said...

enjoyed seeing your quilt

Karen said...

I like the pinwheel blocks very much. The colors are very cheery. Good for one of those patients.

---"Love" said...

Great idea with the paper plates, and I really like the idea of bright green! Who could lose those??? Your pinwheel blocks are so very pretty, and I really like your little floral bouquet too! ---"Love"

Leeanne said...

Oooohhh too cute those pinwheel framed blocks!

Chantal said...

Paper plates are great when you have more than one block cut at once. I did enjoy that when I made Shakespeare in the Park. Love your blocks. I am also in love with the newest little mini quilt. It's fun to just "wing" it. I love the inner border. It blends the outer border to the quilt so beautifully. Just perfect. Enjoy! ;^)

Loris said...

Fun progress with those scraps. Those blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt!
Have fun with that wool and felt. I like where this basket of flowers is going :-)

Lilac Joan said...

Love the paper plate idea. Don't know why I didn't think of it as I use them when working jigsaw puzzles. Love all your work. You are so productive!

KaHolly said...

Oh, my goodness, another beauty! You blow me away with your work!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your paper plate idea is inspired, I love that, you're so smart. That extra long, bonus block(!) quilt will be stunning. Your impromptu wool piece is absolutely lovely, well done!

Vic in NH said...

I'm laughing with you as I tend to lose blocks myself! Yours are so pretty!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...