Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Green strings---streak of lightning!!

 OK!  This is what the green string quilt decided to become.  TADA!!  It is done!  I have to tell you, I did not have enough green strings to complete this project, so I had to cut some strings from yardage and fat quarter pieces.  I used all the green up!!  Yahoo!!
Rosie is now posing for your viewing pleasure.  It just strikes me how many actual colors I called green, LOL!  I am grateful that my vision allows me to see and enjoy so many different colors...thank you dear God!  Emerald to almost yellow went into that bag, saved and treasured, to become this quilt.  I love strings!!!!!!!!!

This is the perfect size for a patient quilt...it will fit the hospital bed with some hangover, and be a good size to take to x-ray and other tests for some patient in the future, when I get it quilted.




Have a super day, everyone!!


Julie

18 comments:

Julierose said...

this string quilt came out so lovely!! I like the ranges of "greens" you used a lot...hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

What a wonderful results from a bag of strings! Some patient will be truly blessed by your efforts and generosity.
This was my favorite layout of the ones you shared. It looks so good!!

---"Love" said...

Your "lightning strikes" are terrific, but I have to tell you I love those little circles you created, rather than the usual little square block we so often see. Just wondering --- could those circles be hail, that sometimes comes with lightning strikes? Whatever, your quilt will be beautiful when you get it quilted! ---"Love"

Chantal said...

Love the addition of the little circles in the center. Also the corners of the border work so well with the rest of the quilt. Excellent job! I ♥ it. Congrats on getting the greens to the flimsy stage. ;^)

Pattypiecer said...

Oh I really like the layout.
Great job.

Chookyblue...... said...

that looks so cool.........

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ah yes-that design is a winner---and yes you did use alot of different greens--
but they all seem to go so well together--
enjoy the moments,di

Missy Shay said...

I love the layout you chose!

Lori said...

That turned out really cool! My life outdoors is finally starting to green up! I love spring!

Tired Teacher said...

Fantastic finish! I love all that green and Rosie, too.

Kyle said...

All those greens definitely look like the shades of green you see out your window. Do you give your quilts to a specific patient or are they left in a certain department? Just curious.

Vic in NH said...

The layout is perfect for such a zingy design! good going! Any ideas yet on how you'd like to quilt it?

Karen said...

Have you run out of green! You had lots of variety in your stash.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a great quilt top! I 'stole' your layout idea, to possibly use when all my HST's come in from an exchange.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love love love love it!!! Your layout is awesome!!

Barb said...

Totally Love it!

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish! Gorgeous green quilt, love it!

jude's page said...

It looks fantastic, with all the different greens, well done. I am impressed that you get an amazing amount of quilts made, and work as well.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...