Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Winner of the Binding blitz, and a quilt...of course!!

 Well I must be losing my little mind, because I don't remember making this quilt either!!  But there it is, in my stack, signed on the label with my handwriting!!  Crazy...this means I MUST GET MORE SLEEP, LOL!!  This will go to the hospital tomorrow...a patient quilt.  It is the perfect size for warmth in a hospital bed.
 Congratulations to our winner of February's binding blitz!!  Sylvia, you are lucky number 14!!  I will send you an e-mail so you can get me your address for your gift.  Sylvia blogs here  http://flickenstichlerei.blogspot.com/ ...what a treat to go and see her work!!
And here is the prize for March!!  I just got this book at the quilt store.  I love it!  It has some very cool patterns, easily adaptable for brights or batiks...just a fun book.  Civil war ladies...this is for you!  So get working on bindings for March, and we will link up at the end of the month.  Random number selection will be done at the end of March for the winner!!



Hope you all are having a great day!!

Julie

17 comments:

Lois Arnold said...

That will be one lucky patient who gets to keep warm with this beauty! Love it, Julie!

Chantal said...

Such a beautiful Plaid quilt. Pineapple Plaid!! I love it. Congrats to Sylvia.

Robert said...

Beautiful quilt. The one you had on your header a couple years ago, was the inspiration for me to sew one up. I've even drew up a half scale of the Pineapple Blossum in EQ7 as a paper piece quilt. Have about 60 blocks sewed up - just need a few more to make it a lap quilt. It's just another WIP. Take care - Robert, from northern Iowa. . . .

Loris said...

Oh I would love that book. More motivation to keep my sewing machine humming 😊
I love your new finish. Someone's going to be blessed to receive it. ❤️

Linda O said...

Some lucky patient is going to be blessed by your pretty plaid quilt!

Linda O said...

Some lucky patient is going to be blessed by your pretty plaid quilt!

Janet O. said...

There is a patient somewhere that is going to be thrilled to receive the quilt you don't recall making! : )
Love that book!

Leeanne said...

You are so generous with your warmth and your lovely quilts.

Anonymous said...

I wish WIPs I had forgotten about were half as beautiful as your mystery quilt! What a great gift for Sylvia as well.

Quilter Kathy said...

Another fabulous Julie quilt to bring warmth and comfort to someone who needs it! Congrats to Sylvia!

Tired Teacher said...

Your patient quilts surely make a stressful time more bearable. God Bless You!

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats to everyone taking part in the binding blitz. Of course, the winners are the quilts that get finished and the lucky recipients! Keep up the good work :)

Vic in NH said...

A handsome quilt in the homespun Pineapple Blossom! And I have a bound quilt for March, yippee!

Anonymous said...

You are always so giving and thoughtful. Gorgeous quilt!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Oh Julie wow, thank you, what a surprise. I am a happy camper, you just made my day, thank you.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Candy M. said...

Looks like another great book! Thanks,
Candy M

Anonymous said...

Beautiful this quilt.
I like the color

Elisabeth

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...