Saturday, March 19, 2011

Can you help Japan on National Quilting Day??

Happy Quilting Day to everyone!! Janet from Quiltsalott and Taniwa, too, are both blogging about quilts for Japan today. As I sit in my safe home, comfortable, not rich by any means but having food and shelter and safety, I was wondering what can I do to help the poor people of Japan. As I see on my TV children, wandering, looking for their parents, orphanages overflowing, shelters maxed out...what could I do? I think the donating to the Red Cross is wonderful, and check, that was done...but what more could I do? I think that the opportunity to send some quilts to Japan is wonderful!! Please visit these two blogs and see if maybe you could send a quilt too!! They both have addresses of agencies accepting quilts, a quilting magazine company.

The quilt above is hand quilted, it is for a boy...

This one is machine quilted, and is for a girl!!! I sure hope that these quilts can be of service and comfort to someone in need....



Have a great day, all!!!


Julie

14 comments:

Trisha said...

Wonderful post, Julie! I am positive those quilts will go to someone and they will feel your love in them.

Barb said...

Love the quilts and the fact that all of the quitlers in this blog world are wanting and willing to help...does the heart good!!

Lori said...

I just heard about this today. Quilters are always willing to give and always up for the challenge.

Janet said...

They are both wonderful quilts Julie. It feels good to be able to send a little comfort.

marilyn said...

I'm also taking quilts and quilt tops and finishing up the quilts and sending them with pilots through the US Air Force at Travis Air Force Base. More info on my blog
http://northhillsquilter.blogspot.com

thanks
marilyn

Anonymous said...

Julie they are beautiful, thank you.

Christine
Once upon a Quilt

A Garden of Threads said...

What a wonderful idea. They are beautiful quilts and will some child very happy. So generous of you.

Merilyn said...

Wonderful contributions Julie!!! I know they will be appreciated!! Thanks for the links!

Pat said...

Very nice quilts you are donating. I wish I had something near enough to completion (and small enough for ME to quilt) that I could send over there, too....but I don't. That is such a sad situation there and I am learning much more about that country now than I ever knew before......like the fact that it is cold there this time of year. I see all that destruction and wonder if they can ever get back to "normal". *sigh*

Deanna said...

There is so much suffering, but there is so much caring, too.

Debi said...

Your quilts are beautiful and I am sure whoever receives them will love them.

Vicky said...

Julie, just wanted to let you know that you won the give-away on my LAQuilter blog. I hope you can use some of that fabric for your quilts for Japan. Please email me so we can make the shipping arrangements to you. :)

Sharon said...

congrats on LA Quilters big giveaway. I'm using striped fabric for quilts for Japan. Fast and easy and they will be finished!

Angie said...

You put me to shame, Julie. All you accomplish...and work full time to boot...If I had a finished quilt I would love to send it. Alas, the best I can do right now is make some 8-1/2" double 4-patch blocks to send to Beth out in CA so she can make up a (some? :D) scrappy quilts to send. These two of yours' are beautiful.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...