Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wheewww!!!!!!!!





Hi all! I have worked 6 -12 hours shifts in a row, so am ready for some quilting time for sure.

I am showing a picture of my string quilt inspired by of course Mary, who makes the most wonderful string/strip pieced quilts for charity, and also by Bonnie from Quiltville. I just had to try it, and used some stripped fat quarters given to me by a quilting friend. Also, I threw in bits and pieces of everything but the kitchen sink, so this is truly scrappy. It has Christmas fabrics, Old calicoes, brights, reproductions (not too many of these), and just everything. I made a block at a time and then sashed it together. We use it rotating on our bed.

Does anyone else have a rash of just cutting kits?? I have 4 whole quilts cut out now, just no time to complete them! I actually love to do this, then I can just have the fun of sewing, sewing, sewing...I have organized each kit into a bin with all the cut fabrics and thread, etc.

I have started the sawtooth borders of my Rose Sampler Supreme quilt. I mitered the white borders by hand, and it seemed to come out better than on the machine. Does anyone knowhow to do this easily?

I am grateful to be home today; I hope everyone has a quiltey fun day!

JulieK

5 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Your doll quilts are just the cutest and I love the string blocks too. I've been working on postcards but tomorrow I start back on my doll size crazy quilt.

YankeeQuilter said...

Your rose quilt look great. I usually end up doing the miters by hand as well. As to lining up "kitted" projects...I have a traffic jam of them in the hallway!!!

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are lovely. It would take me a lifetime to applique half of that sampler.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Your quilts are beautiful.

Jenni said...

I think the cutting out is the worst part!

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...