Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Now what??







Hi everyone!! Back to the land of the living. I have been buried at the hospital for several days straight, but was called off today due to low census( no patients). Can't say that I minded that much!

It has been cool (40's) and raining here in Texas. Very nice!!! I included a bad picture of our little Rusty poodle. He doesn't like the camera, and it is tough to get a good picture of him. He supervises and runs the household according to his wishes and whims. :) Don't most pets??

Ok, now to the meat of this post. What do I do now?? In this stage of a quilt, I get stuck...every time! How do I quilt this quilt? I would like to accentuate the diagonal flying geese aspect, but love to do baptist fans. What do I do? I am mostly a hand quilter, but at this stage I just want to ship it off to the longarmer and say "help me, please!!" So give me your best opinion, I value you experts out there!!

I used all the half square triangle except five left over. Pretty cool, huh! Hardly any waste, and these won't be wasted either. I don't know how many yards are busted out of my stash with this quilt, but it drapes over the sides of my queen sized bed, so quite a few!! and that is a good thing.

Hope your day is wonderful and fun of peace and love and quilts!!

julieQ

15 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Love the pattern and the colours you used. For hand quilting, I see squares. Starting at the cornerstones and expanding out and your squares should meet new squares. It's hard to explain, but take a look and see what you can come up with.

Cathi said...

Wonderful quilt top. Your work on your blog is all fabulous.

Angela said...

Loved looking at all your gorgeous quilts. You do great work. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

MARCIE said...

Your pineapple quilt is wonderful! I like the little border. I really must maek that quilt some day!

JustCindy said...

So glad I found your blog. Your Rusty looks like my Mary Lou. Mary Lou left after 15 yrs to go be loved by someone in heaven, I still miss her. Your quilts are wonderful.

Darcie said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, Julie! As per my wool felted handbag...I believe it shrunk about 20% or so. ??? I'm terrible at keeping track...just get all caught up in the fun, I guess. I'm thinking it was probably about 2-3 inches taller and wider before felting. ;-)

I love this quilt of yours! Very nice...and stash busting to boot! Cool! Since you like BFs...what do you think about concentric circles or spirals? A gal that I knew of a few years back used various plates and covers from her cupboards as templates for her hand quilting guides.

Whatever you do...it will be perfect, I'm sure!

ForestJane said...

Looks great! And I do think I recognise some of the fabrics in that quilt... :)

I'm not sure what kind of quilting I'd do on that one. I just send it off to the long-armer and tell her to do what looks good. And I really like an overall stipple on most quilts.

If there's large open areas of background, then it calls for some feathering or something fancy there, but if the fabric makes the design, then I'm happy with a less fancy quilted pattern.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness, that purple quilt top is fabulous. I think I have Pineapple Phobia, but you are tempting me out of my fear.
Rusty is a doll too!

Angie said...

Thanks bunches, Julie, for stopping by my neglected *s* blog! I love your pineapple quilt!! That's on my 'some day' list :D, and heaven knows I REALLY really need to bust some stash!! :D Oh my, you've done some other gorgeous quilts! As to Rusty, well, I can't imagine a household without at least one 'overseer' to keep us on track. LOL

KC Quilter said...

ohmigosh, the pineapple quilt is stunning! Great pattern. And the colors are yummy.

Julia said...

This quilt is absolutely wonderful!!! I have a daughter, who happens to also be an RN, who loves purple!! She would go nuts over this quilt. I am going to have to show it to her. Let us know how you decide to quilt it. That is always my problem when I get one done, I have such a hard time deciding how to quilt them. All of your quilts are so pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt!Mmm love those colours.

My toy poodle (apricot) Miss Constance definitely runs this house - and is EXPERT at looking away just when the shutter goes on the camera!

iseo said...

So glad I found your blog liv white diamond

iseo said...

Wonderful quilt top .... boji tea care

sara4u said...

Looks great! And I do think I recognise some of the fabrics in that quilt. hira blue

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...