Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!






Happy Halloween to everyone!

We usually have lots of trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood. It is great fun to watch them all having a great time. Our count was around 100 children last year. Out home is all decorated and ready.

OK, I get caught up in the schnibbles! I made all these mug mats from other project left-overs. Does anyone else make these small pieces? I just love to have something portable to work on with my hands, at appointments, etc. Fun!

I saw this green quilt in one issue of Quilter's Newsletter Magazine. It was a series quilt over several months, but the trouble was, I only had the one issue. So I drafted it myself. I love the outcome. There are exactly one zillion tiny 1/2 square triangles, finishing at 1 inch. Of course, it still needs to be quilted...
It comes complete with unclipped threads. :)

The small table runner is just for the Fourth of July. Wrong season, huh!! But it has been cut out a long time, and I decided it needed to be put together. I machine quilted it. The pattern is from Bonnie at Quiltville, which I just love.

Hope you all enjoy this day!!

JulieQ

11 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Thank-you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I have made mug mats like yours for family and friends as gifts. For the craft show I do I make simple ones.

Same goes for the table runners. For the show I make simple ones.

Love yours mug mats and table runner. You did a great job drafting your quilt.

May Kristin said...

Your green quilt is lovely! You did a great job on the drafting! would love to see it quilted!

KC Quilter said...

Wow, what gorgeous projects. I admire those wonderful feathered star quilts but don't think I have the skillset yet for one of those babies!!! Everything looks so beautiful.

Cathi said...

The quilt is wonderful! The mug mats and table runner are super.

I always have something small to work on at all times. That way if I'm growing tired of working on a large project, I can switch over and have some fun with the tiny stuff.

Paula, the quilter said...

That green quilt is lovely. If it disappears you'll know where to look!

Darcie said...

ONLY 1 zillion?! lol It is stunning...and well worth all of the efforts that you've invested in it. That green paisley fab is gorgeous!

Love the little mug mats...they're adorable!

Sheri said...

Your quilt is lovely.
Sheri

Mary Johnson said...

Nice job drafting the quilt - can't wait to see it quilted.

JustCindy said...

Love the mug mats! Where did you find the pattern for that? I hate coasters that suck up the liquid and aren't machine washable.

Jan said...

What a gorgeous quilt top!!

Helen in the UK said...

The Feathered Star quilt is gorgeous!! I made my first FStar this year and loved it - enjoy seeing how others made a quilt around the star.

Found your blog through a link on Fairybread Quilts and really enjoyed looking round :)

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...